Knowing your gifts and talents

July 21, 2013 by fathertj

Homily on July 21, 2013 at the 9 am Mass

16th Sunday in Ordinary Time

6 thoughts on “Knowing your gifts and talents

1. Juls says:

Good evening Fr. that is very nice and encouraging. You were given the gift of speech to spread the word of GOD and it is clear and concise that any lay person can comprehend. Please stay a Priest (Pastor) forever. Eventually you will be Msgr. Sorry do not want to send my reply to any channels. Goodnight. Juls

________________________________

• Margaret Schueler says:

Hey Fr. TJ,
      What a wonderful homily. Thank you! Praise be to God that you talk about Charisms & that we all have different gifts from God! Our up coming Ministry Fair is a perfect way to share the wealth of gifts that God has given us.
      I am soooooooo thankful for the gift you are to us at STM. You remain in my prayers.
      God bless you.

2. Gloria Ortiz says:

Thank you Father TJ. We are on a two week vacation to California and we can hear you any time we want. Hugs to you. Robert, Gloria, Robby and Annie Ortiz

3. twina71 says:

Father TJ, I’m so excited you’re administering over our Parish right now! You’re energy and enthusiasm for His word and how you personally speak the Mass – I cherish every word and truly hear their meaning!
    Sometimes, I feel that we’re just “going through the motions,” the same words, same actions of Mass, week after week. There are times when receiving Holy Communion that I feel as though its just repetitive motion; there is no emphasis on the host itself, nor the wine – and what it is being presented to us. I generally go to the 6:30 am Mass to start my days off with Christ and I’m excited every morning you’re there! I’m sure it’s not your favorite time to get up though and it takes some getting used to! 😉 My two boys live in San Antonio and visit from time-to-time and I’m looking forward to bringing them to Mass with me – to hear your passion and understanding of God’s word, as I’m sure it will inspire them!
    Thank you, thank you Father TJ! Keep up your special calling to do what God has asked you to do. Your sacrifices are appreciated!
    Laura

4. Beth says:

What a great homily Father TJ! I love that there is a charism class to find out our gifts and be better students for Christ. http://Www.sienna.org. Martha would have loved it!

5. Beth says:

Thank you Father for this homily! Reminds me that we have a charism class at STM for those interested in knowing more about the gifts the Holy Spirit may have given them. http://WWW.Sienna.org is where they can go to find out more. Martha would have benefited from it!